The FISH! Philosophy was inspired by a business that is world famous for its incredible energy and commitment to service—the Pike Place Fish Market, USA. Childcare Centres across Australia are using the FISH! Philosophy to:
- Provide amazing service that makes customers want to come back again and again.
- Build a culture where employees love to give their best every day.
- Build effective leaders who inspire through their example.
- Improve teamwork and build trust.
By attending one of these FISH! Experience workshops you will gain:
- Element 4.2.1 – Professional standards guide practice, interactions and relationships.
- Element 4.2.2 – Educators, co-ordinators and staff members work collaboratively and affirm, challenge, support and learn from each other to further develop their skills and to improve practice and relationships.
- Element 4.2.3 – Interactions convey mutual respect, equity and recognition of each other’s strengths and skills.
- Element 5.2.2 – Each child is supported to manage their own behaviour, respond appropriately to the behaviour of others and communicate effectively to resolve conflicts. (NOTE: Staff will learn to role model correct strategies)
- Element 7.1.2 – The induction of educators, co-ordinators and staff members, including relief educators, is comprehensive. (NOTE: Staff will discover the importance of induction for ‘culture’ as well as process)
- Element 7.1.3 – Every effort is made to promote continuity of educators and co-ordinators at the service (NOTE: a key outcome of the program is improved retention, staff satisfaction and engagement)
What other Childcare Educators are saying about these FISH! Experience workshops: